Shared Agencies Regulatory Evidence Programme
ShARE is a flexible framework for research and evidence collaboration between the five environment agencies of the UK and Ireland.
The programme helps in delivering evidence to underpin environmental regulation, maximise benefits from funding and resources invested.
- The impact of regulated industry activities on the environment
- Understand the effectiveness of interventions
- Horizon scanning – emerging technologies, markets, policy and legislation (anticipating issues and opportunities)
- Understanding how environmental regulators can enable sustainable economic growth
- Provide evidence to advise government and others on the likely success of policy and regulatory options
Evidence to address common regulatory and environmental management problems is produced in a coordinated way, maximising impact whilst minimising costs. We make best use of ‘national experts’ across the partners, and have better influence over third party research funding streams.
- SEPA – Peter Singleton
- Environment Agency – John Collins
- Environment Protection Agency – Marc Kierans
- Northern Ireland Environment Agency - David Charlton
- Natural Resources Wales – Richard Owen