Our role is to work with others to protect and improve Scotland’s environment and our aim is to be an excellent regulator and an influential and respected authority on the environment.
To help achieve this, we have set out how we will work with you and what you can expect from us.
We will be:
- Courteous – dealing with you with courtesy and integrity at all times
- Accessible – we will make it easy for you to access our services and information
- Understanding – we will try to understand your business needs so as to appreciate issues from your perspective
- Good partners – we will work with you to help you protect and improve the environment
- Constantly improving – we will regularly review our performance, listening to and learning from you
- Accurate – we will strive to get it right first time and will act promptly
- Good communicators – we will express ourselves simply, clearly and within agreed timescales
- Fair – we will apply the law fairly and consistently and provide a proportionate enforcement response
- Competent – our staff will be well-trained and equipped with the right knowledge and skills
- Secure – we will protect the privileged information we hold
- Expert – we will be an influential and respected source of environmental data and information
We rely on the people of Scotland to engage with us – as customers and partners of SEPA, you too can play your part and help us achieve our aims. Please contact us if we have provided a good service; if we have fallen short of your expectations; or to suggest improvements we should make.
We are in the process of implementing the 10 key steps of the Scottish Government's Sustainable Procurement Action Plan and publish our progress in the annual Sustainable SEPA report .
We have a list of terms and conditions for all purchases of goods and services:
- Consultancy Services by a company
- Consultancy Services by an individual
- Supply of goods and related services (eg, equipment or hardware that requires installation or configuration by the supplier)
- Supply of goods
- Supply of services
Complex and high value contracts may require bespoke terms and conditions.
Information from our Contract Register, detailing current contracts and those awarded in the current financial year, can be found here. You can also read the Procurement Annual Report 2016-17 for more information on our revenue and capital expenditure for the financial year.
Please contact us if you have any enquiries or wish to give feedback.
If you wish to make a complaint about the service you have received, please contact us.
Please note that the customer service complaints procedure is not used for appeals or objections against regulatory decisions made by SEPA or reports regarding pollution incidents.