Head of Information Services EF00024
Location: Flexible but regular presence in SEPA’s Angus Smith Building (ASB), Eurocentral is required.
Salary: The salary band for this post is Band A, £67,066 to £75,510, starting salary will be on the base of the salary scale, £67,066.
What does SEPA do?
We are overusing our planet’s resources. The only successful societies in the 21st century will be the ones which that are very low in environmental impact. Achieving this requires a new sort of environmental protection agency – one that drives ways to prosper within our environmental capacity.
Doing this demands technical expertise, customer focus and a real understanding of how society must adapt in our changing environment. Digital Services will underpin almost everything that SEPA does, both internally, with our customers and the wider public.
The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) has a wide ranging role to protect the environment and human health, to ensure that Scotland’s natural resources and services are used as sustainably as possible and contribute to sustainable economic growth. We must act now to reduce, and adapt to, the impacts of climate change. We aspire to reduce our ecological footprint here in Scotland, and to influence others at global scale.
We are recruiting a Head of Information Services. This post will help shape SEPA’s future direction by being a member of our strategic leadership team. You will be responsible for a £6.2m budget, approx. 55 expert staff based across 4 offices, delivery of digital and IT services to 1250 staff located in 28 offices delivering public facing services such as licensing, flood forecasting and warning and environmental information portals.
You can find out more about what we do on our website.
So what will you deliver?
• Helping shape SEPA’s future direction by leading our digital and IT services creating a modern, efficient and effective service which underpins our work and benefits stakeholders.
• Manage operational delivery of our IS function including internal services to staff and external services to members of the public and SEPA stakeholders.
• Building on our collaborative, people focussed culture which promotes confidence and empowerment among staff.
• Innovation, to identify opportunities for improvement and deliver innovative, efficient and effective solutions to capitalise on these both in the short and long term.
• Develop and lead a number of key internal and external relationships. To identify, review and develop positive and productive strategic and operational relationships with key partners.
• Manage financial and non-financial resources ensuring that our budget is utilised effectively and that capital plans are successful.
• Work with other members of the Evidence and Flooding Management Team to ensure effective leadership and management of a flexible and integrated portfolio.
What skills will you need?
You will be qualified to degree level. Key skills include:
• A dynamic, adaptable and outward looking leader.
• Being passionate about delivering simple services that our customers love.
• People focussed and provide leadership that motivates and develops our people whilst building strong relationships internally and externally that add value to SEPA.
• Bring learning and new ideas into SEPA, adapting them to suit the organisation and inspiring colleagues to get behind them.
• You will have a strong technical and IT delivery background with experience of managing change associated with migrating to digital delivery platforms within an organisation.
• Plan the work of the function; facilitate the development of and sign off action plans for specific projects.
• Ensure good governance across your function. This includes compliance with all statutory responsibilities; such as Health and Safety, and Equalities; as well as security, information management, risk and resilience, organisational policies and procedures, and SEPA’s Standing Financial Instructions (SFIs).
• Promote collaboration across SEPA and with external partners, you will have significant, stakeholder engagement experience.
More details of the qualifications and skills required can be found within the job description.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following attributes which are key to the success of a strategic leader:
• High personal resilience
• Integrity; positive role model
• Confident and comfortable communicator.
• Drive to make improvement and overcome barriers and obstacles
• Open and consultative approach with staff and stakeholders
• Genuine desire to do the right thing
What are the terms, conditions and benefits that SEPA offers?
You will be expected to work 35 hours per week. We also have a flexitime scheme in place. You will be given 28 days annual leave pro rata, we also offer seven additional public holidays. Further information on all our benefits can be found on our website. At SEPA we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation. That is why we proudly use the “Happy to Talk Flexible Working” as well as the “Disability Confident Employer” Logos and on all our job vacancies.
When is the closing date?
The closing date for applications is 12 September 2021