Do you want to receive: the right training, the right experience and the right qualifications and work in the right organisation?
Wouldn’t it be great if you can get this all from one fantastic opportunity? Well you can! A vacancy has arisen within the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA). We are looking to appoint an Office Assistant Modern Apprentice for a period of 12 months on a full time basis at our Dingwall office.
- Who is SEPA?
- What is the role?
- What type of candidate are we looking for?
- What are the terms, conditions and benefits that SEPA offers?
- Will I receive training?
- What is the closing date?
- How do I apply?
- Terms and conditions of employment
- Recuitment timetable
SEPA is Scotland’s principal environmental 'watchdog'. We protect Scotland’s environment by regulating polluting emissions from industrial sources and by monitoring and controlling how Scotland’s wastes are dealt with.
Established in 1996, we are an independent agency accountable through Scottish Ministers to the Scottish Parliament.
We encourage those we regulate to 'do the right thing' for Scotland’s environment, and the health of the Scottish people, advising, negotiating and enforcing environmental laws, when necessary, to achieve this.
You can find out lots more about SEPA on our website.
The role is part of a hard-working Administration Team, providing essential support to keep our team of scientists, specialists and regulatory officers in Dingwall working to their optimal capacity. Some of the specific tasks will include:
- assisting with the production of documents and other correspondence;
- opening, distributing and logging incoming mail and franking outgoing mail;
- processing requests for hospitality and stationery;
- helping staff with arrangements for business meetings.
You can find more details about this role in the job description.
We are looking for someone who can prove and display that they:
- have a genuine interest in working for SEPA;
- have a genuine interest in developing skills in an administrative role;
- have a positive “can do” attitude;
- can think outside the box.
The ultimate aim we have is to recruit someone who can help us to continue to deliver an excellent service to our internal and external customers. You can find out more details on the behaviours we are looking for in the job description.
Your salary will be £14,407 per year, you will be expected to work 35 hours per week. You will be given 28 days annual leave, we also offer seven additional public holidays.
An essential part of this apprenticeship will be to gain valuable 'on the job' skills, training and experience to allow the successful candidate to gain a Business Level 3 SVQ in Business and Administration. Part of your training will be delivered by Inverness College where you may be required to attend either on day or block release.
The closing date for applications is 14 August 2015. Interviews will take place the week commencing 31 August 2015.
If you can show that you can display our desired behaviours and skill sets, that you have either five Standard grades (Level 1-3) or five National Level 5 grades (including Maths and English) and that you want to be part of a supportive team under our excellent terms and conditions, then please apply here.
Documents for download:
More details on the terms and conditions that SEPA offers can be found on our website.
The critical dates within this recruitment campaign are:
- Closing date for applications: Friday 14 August 2015
- Interviews may take place: week commencing 31 August 2015