You can apply for a licence, exemption, registration or permit in a number of ways.
Method 1 - Online applications
Online applications can be made for the following:
- non-aerial herbicide use near or by a watercourse
- non fee paying waste exemptions.
Septic tank registration is also available online, but please check whether it is already registered with your local SEPA registry first, as there will be no refund of the application fee for a duplicate registration. Find our septic tank application details online.
Method 2 - Paper applications
You can also apply by email or post by down loading and completing the relevant application form. The forms must be completed and signed, and can be submitted with payment and/or receipt for payment.
There are various ways you can pay for your application when not completing it online:
- Send a cheque with the paper application.
- Complete the payment through our web payment facilityand attach the reference number to your application form.
- Pay by BACS or bank transfer: you must attach proof of payment to your application
- Request in writing that we contact you to take a payment over the phone by debit or credit card at the time of applying.
Payment alone does not mean you have submitted an application. Using this method does not attract the fees described as 'Online' in our fee documentation as these fees only apply to method 1 above. Your application will be rejected if it is received with no payment and no confirmation of payment or request for contact is supplied with your paperwork. Please attach any supporting documentation (in electronic format e.g. .doc, .pdf) up to max of 18mb. If your supporting documentation is larger than this, or in non-electronic format, this should be posted to your nearest SEPA registry and NOT attached to your e-application.
The forms, guidance and charging information for each regulated activity are grouped into the following categories:
- Pollution Prevention and Control (PPC)
- Radioactive substances (RSA)
- Waste management (WM/WCR/WML/WMX)
- Water - Controlled Activities Regulations (CAR)