- The North-East is now at Moderate Scarcity and the Tweed remains at Moderate Scarcity.
- The majority of Eastern Scotland remains in Alert including the Moray area.
- The rest of Scotland remains at Early Warning with the exception of Orkney and Shetland which are still in normal conditions.
Further detail can be found in our water scarcity situation report.
Everyone is strongly encouraged to build water resilience into their business as this can help with plans for the future. By taking the right steps now, it could help reduce the impact of water scarcity in the future.
Work together to secure the water available - speak with other water users in your catchment to discuss allocating different times for abstracting to minimise any potential impacts.
- Consider switching to taking water from a groundwater borehole (either via the full application route or for use only in times of water scarcity) rather than a watercourse. Please contact LowFlowImpacts@sepa.org.uk for help and advice.
- Check irrigation equipment is not leaking.
- Consider trickle irrigation.
- If possible irrigate at night to avoid evaporation.
- Do not over-spray.