A sophisticated criminal cyber-attack has had a major impact on the way SEPA works. We are working through all the services that we provide to understand what we need to do in the short and longer term to restore services. We are approaching this work with a sense of urgency.
- Check the service status
- Approach to Delivery of Services Until June 2021
- Information about the cyber-attack
Service status update 26 February 2021: Recruitment enquiries
What are we able to do now?
- Recruiting managers and our human resources team are liaising with candidates who are due to start new posts with SEPA to ensure all necessary pre-employment checks are complete and to agree a start date.
What should you do now?
- If you applied for a vacancy that was recently advertised please bear with us.
- Recruitment activity is currently on hold but we will be in touch with applicants as soon as we can.
Next update: 5 March 2021
Recruitment is currently on hold as we respond to a the cyber-attack. This includes recruitment for vacancies that closed in January 2021.
SEPA employs a diverse workforce across 24 offices throughout Scotland. Our staff members receive excellent terms and conditions of employment, which SEPA will continue to review, together with its overall approach to reward, ensuring that they continue to meet the needs of a modern employer and diverse workforce.
Our terms and conditions include competitive salaries, flexible working arrangements, the opportunity to join our pension scheme and many other benefits.
This section lists the full range of benefits available to SEPA staff and provides information on our equality and diversity policy.