SEPA gathers data annually on the type, quantity and geographical origin of the waste handled from operators of the following ‘complex’ exempt activities.
- Paragraphs 7, 8(2), 10, 46 and 50.
- Paragraphs 9 and 19 where the volume of waste used exceeds 2,500 cubic metres
- Paragraph 12 where the volume of waste used exceeds 10 tonnes per year.
Operators are asked to submit their data returns using the excel version of the standard exempt activity return form:
- Annual Return Form for Exempt Activities (Excel version)
- Annual Return Form for Exempt Activities (Word version)
- Annual Return Form for Exempt Activities (PDF version)
Further guidance on the coding of waste is available:
Please note that non-confidential and non-personal information from exempt activities will be made available to the public through our waste sites and capacity tool and via queries from the general public. The information provided from the return is:
- Annual inputs (tonnes)
- EWC code
- Geographic origin of waste
Where the publication of waste geographical origin will impact you commercially, you can apply to have the origin withheld from publication for a period of three years. To do so, please return the following form to the email address therein:
Exemptions data are used in the waste from all sources report which is available on our Waste data page.