SEPA gathers data annually on the type, quantity and geographical origin of the waste handled from operators of the following ‘complex’ exempt activities:
- Paragraphs 7, 8(2), 10, 46 and 50.
- Paragraphs 9 and 19 where the volume of waste used exceeds 2,500 cubic metres
- Paragraph 12 where the volume of waste used exceeds 10 tonnes per year.
Operators are asked to submit their data returns using the standard exempt activity return form:
- Annual Return Form for Exempt Activities (Word version) or
- Annual Return Form for Exempt Activities (PDF version)
Further guidance on the coding of waste is available:
Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to contact SEPA regarding the submission of your return form please either email email@example.com or call 01786 457700 and ask to speak with a member of the Dataflows Unit.
Exemptions data are used in the waste from all sources report which is available on our Waste data page.