The 2050 Climate Group is Scotland’s youth climate group, which aims to lead a social movement by engaging, educating and empowering Scotland’s Future Leaders to take action on climate change. The group is a collection of young professionals across Scotland who all share a commitment to climate change mitigation and adaptation and accelerating Scotland’s transition to a low carbon economy. The 2050 Climate Group is committed to leading the change, to inspire and be inspired by others and to start a movement of passionate, like-minded individuals who want to ensure a sustainable future beyond 2050.
To help Scotland thrive in a resource-efficient, low carbon economy, both SEPA and 2050 Climate Group will support exciting opportunities for creative thinking and new approaches to resource use.
This SGA will support joined-up thinking, provide resources and actively seek to collaborate with, and influence, key partners through activities such as:
- 2050 Climate Group, SEPA and SEPA’s partner organisations working in partnership to help transform visions of a sustainable Scotland into a reality.
- 2050 Climate Group will help strengthen SEPA’s planning of its programmes by contributing viewpoints and suggestions at key SEPA meetings.
- SEPA will encourage regulated businesses to consider working with the 2050 Climate Group, through mechanisms such as Enforcement Undertakings and Sustainable Growth Agreements, to improve Scotland’s environment, resource efficiency and sustainability. This will allow young people to influence and help businesses, and drive improvements to Scotland’s environment.
- SEPA will offer Young Leaders attendance at SEPA events, training and development opportunities.
- SEPA will provide opportunities for focus groups and advisory panels, in which 2050 Climate Group Young Leaders will participate, to consider young people’s views during decision making.
For the full details of this Sustainable Growth Agreement, please see the below PDF document.