A sophisticated criminal cyber-attack has had a major impact on the way SEPA works. We are working through all the services that we provide to understand what we need to do in the short and longer term to restore services. We are approaching this work with a sense of urgency.
- Check the service status
- Approach to Delivery of Services Until June 2021
- Information about the cyber-attack
Service status update 26 February 2021: Permitting
What are we able to do now?
We are currently unable to receive, verify or determine applications for Waste Management Licences, Simple Waste Exemptions, Controlled Activities in the Water Environment, including registration of new private sewage systems, and PPC Part A & B. Please do not submit any application or contact us unless you require authorisation within the next three weeks.
- The exceptions to this are existing private sewage treatment systems (septic tanks); Waste Carrier Licences; Complex Waste Management Exemptions; and Applications under Environmental Authorisations (Scotland) Regulations (EASR) and the Radioactive Substances Act 1993.
What should you do now?
- Please do not submit any applications at this time and check regular updates.
- Contact us if your authorisation is required urgently within the next three weeks.
Next update: 5 March 2021
Surrendering an authorisation
We are also not able to accept the surrender of an authorisation at this time.
You can contact us using our online contact form.