Environmental Regulation (Scotland) Charging Scheme 2018
The main SEPA charging scheme has been revised introducing a number of new activities and implementing other changes based on the comments we received after the recent consultation. To account for inflationary cost pressures the charges have been increased by 3%.
The following links take you to the legal scheme, guidance, environmental scores and answers to some frequently asked questions.
Guidance: this explains how the scheme works. We are continually improving our guidance in response to customer feedback. Version 1 was published on 03 April 2018, previous versions of the guidance are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environmental Assessment Scheme: provides guidance on calculating environmental scores which are used to calculate part of the charge for the largest authorisations.
Table of environmental scores: for all authorisations with an environmental component charge are available as a table (unless they have been amended after the scheme was issued).
FAQs – answers the common questions that you may have.
Information about development of the new scheme is available on our Charging Scheme Development web page.
Other current charging schemes
The following two schemes have been increased by 3.9% which is in line with inflation at the end of September 2017.
- Radioactive Substances Act 1993 Fees and Charges (Scotland) Scheme 2015:
This scheme only provides for charges for Band A nuclear sites. The revised charges for RSA 1993 are £950 a day for charges for Band A nuclear sites. Charges for Band B & C sites are provided under the Environmental Regulation (Scotland) Charging Scheme 2018 (above).
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Trading Fees and Charges (Scotland) Scheme 2015 -
The following document shows the revised charges for the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Trading Fees and Charges
- The Reservoirs (Scotland) Charging Scheme 2018
The following schemes fees have been held at the same level since 2015/16.
- Environmental Protection (Disposal of Polychlorinated Biphenyls and Other Dangerous Substances) (Scotland) Scheme 2015
- CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme Charging Scheme and Guidance
- Transfrontier Shipment of Waste Fees and Charges (Scotland) Scheme 2015
- Waste Batteries and Accumulators Fees and Charges (Scotland) Scheme 2015
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (Scotland) Scheme 2015
Previous charging schemes
The following legal schemes were replaced on 1 April 2018 by our current schemes.