Environmental Regulation (Scotland) Charging Scheme 2018
The charging scheme fees for 2020/2021 are available now. To account for inflationary cost pressures the charges have been increased by 2.4% for 2020-2021. Please note that the values within the legal scheme document refer to the 2018-2019 fees.
The following links take you to the legal scheme documents:
The following links take you to the guidance, environmental scores and answers some frequently asked questions:
Guidance: this document helps to explain how the scheme works. We are continually improving our guidance in response to customer feedback and Version 4 was published on 9 January 2020, mainly reflecting the changes brought about by the new Environmental Authorisation Scotland Regulations, previous versions of the guidance are available on request.
Environmental Assessment Scheme: provides guidance on calculating environmental scores which are used to calculate part of the charge for the largest authorisations.
Table of environmental scores: a listing for all authorisations with an environmental component charge (unless they have been amended after the scheme was issued).
FAQs – answers for the common asked questions.
Charging Scheme Fees
Information about development of the new scheme is available on our Charging Scheme Development web page.
Other current charging schemes
The following two schemes have been increased by 2.4%, in line with inflation at end of September 2019.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Trading Fees and Charges (Scotland) Scheme 2015 -
- New fees 2020/2021
- The Reservoirs (Scotland) Charging Scheme 2018 - New fees 2020/2021
The following schemes fees have been held at the same level since 2015-2016.
- Environmental Protection (Disposal of Polychlorinated Biphenyls and Other Dangerous Substances) (Scotland) Scheme 2015
- Transfrontier Shipment of Waste Fees and Charges (Scotland) Scheme 2015
- Waste Batteries and Accumulators Fees and Charges (Scotland) Scheme 2015
Previous charging schemes
The following legal schemes were replaced on 1 April 2018 by our current schemes. The revised fees for 2017-2018. The following document shows the revised charges for the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Trading Fees and Charges for 2017-2018
- Environmental Regulation (Scotland) Charging Scheme 2016
- CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme Charging Scheme and Guidance
- The Reservoirs (Scotland) Charging Scheme 2016-2018
- The Reservoirs (Scotland) Charging Scheme 2016-2018 - Guidance
- Radioactive Substances Act 1993 Fees and Charges (Scotland) Scheme 2015:
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (Scotland) Scheme 2015