These set out our approach to particular issues that arise during the regulatory process:
No documents available at present.
These set out the process we follow when assessing abstraction and impoundment applications:
- WAT-RM-01: Regulation of abstractions and impoundments (610kb)
- WAT-RM-24: Pumping test methodology (GW) (184kb)
- WAT-RM-26: Determination of aquifer properties (GW) (173kb)
- WAT-RM-27: Modelling methods for groundwater abstractions (427kb)
- WAT-RM-28: Modelling for water use activities (1.20mb)
- WAT-RM-30: Water features survey (Deleted) - An applicants guide to water supply boreholes has information on how to undertake a water features survey.
Documents produced for SEPA staff, which we have made publicly available.
- WAT-SG-04: Sector-specific guidance - now available as separate documents (WAT-SG-69 to -74 listed below)
- WAT-SG-51: Water resource licence monitoring plan guidance (215kb)
- WAT-SG-52: Water resource licence monitoring plan guidance - distilleries (296kb)
- WAT-SG-54: Water resource technical guidance to flow measurement (503kb)
- WAT-SG-61: Groundwater abstractions - dewatering operations (Deleted) - all dewatering information now in WAT-RM-11: Licensing groundwater abstractions including dewatering
- WAT-SG-69: Sector-specific guidance - distilleries (218kb)
- WAT-SG-70: Sector-specific guidance - agriculture (138kb)
- WAT-SG-71: Sector-specific guidance - canals (190kb)
- WAT-SG-74: Sector-specific guidance - hydropower (1.2mb)
- WAT-SG-89: Improving the water environment without significant impact on storage hydropower schemes (201kb)
- WAT-TEMP-68: Water resource monitoring plan template (194k)
- WAT-SG-92: Regulation of Impoundment Removal & Modification
External documents and sites that we have identified as being relevant to CAR applicants: